Monday, April 16, 2012

My Life Verse......

Romans 8:25  
"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

Why is it my life verse you ask? Well I will tell you! 

Ever since I was little I wanted to get married at 17 which was how old Mama was and have children soon after like Mama and Daddy did! That dream never went away like it did for some people! I never wanted to go to collage to learn something that I will probably never get to use when I did get married, or anything like that!
As I got closer to 17 my resolve only became stronger! 
On my 16 birthday my older sister got married, and not long after my 2nd older brother moved away from home making me the oldest at home, and that made my wish to get married more then a wish almost a "need"!
 After I turned 17 I got mad at God for not making it happen!  I told Him how I "needed to get married before 18"! 
I did not want to  wait on the Lord's timing I wanted it then! 
 
Now as I look back I know how wrong and selfish it all was!! I know how unready I was, and I'm a little still!
  One day in my personal bible study times I read Romans 8:25 and it hit me like a ton of bricks!!!!
 I was waiting for a husband, not on the Lord to make His will shown! 
When I should of been Hoping for a husband and Waiting on the Lord!!
Now that it is only 2 days until I turn 19 I still want to get married but I am  hoping for a husband and waiting on the Lord! Hoping for something that I cannot see and having the patience to wait for it!

1Corinthains  13:11 
 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."




♥Sami♥
P.S. No I am not courting or engaged or soon to be either!

2 comments:

Adriane Morris said...

Like it, Sami. :) God has his perfect timing for everything. We just have to trust him for it.

Brittany said...

Sami...I am so happy to see that at your age you are sooo much more mature than I was at that age. I wasn't willing to wait for the Lord so off I went to make my own future and that was a disaster! My heart is happy that your heart is in the right place! Keep waiting and praying...the Lord WILL send you a man!!! He sent mine didn't He? lol
I love you girl!
Love me,
Bb