Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cookies...

Ok so anyone who knows me knows that my cookies always turn out as chips(well not the ones I made up in Idaho, but I cheated and used Crisco, so that doesn't count)!! Flat crunchy chips!
I don't know why! It is SO dumb!! 
But on Tuesday I wanted to make Daddy some cookies so I did, and guess what.....

THEY WERE NOT CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am very proud of these cookies:) heehee

Here is the recipe I used
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Favorite Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup Butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 1/2 All-purpose flour **I just used freshly ground Soft White wheat**
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 cups Quick-Cooking Oats, uncooked
**I also added Chocolate-Covered Raisins**
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, and mix well; add water and vanilla, mixing well.
Combine flour, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in oats and raisins, if desired.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. 
Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: about 8 dozen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I also made peanut butter cookies yesterday for bible study(you all should come! Wednesday's @ 7:00:) )
These were SO easy!!!! Even a little kid could make them.......with a little help of course!


Recipe:
.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Easy Peanut butter Cookies
Mix;
1 cup Peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
Shape into balls.
Flatten with fork.
Bake @ 350 for 9 minutes 
**If you cook longer they will crumble!!!!** 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just as the name says they are easy, no they are easier then easy!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~
Proverbs 31:14-15  "She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar. 
She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens." 




If y'all try the recipes tell me how you like them!!!!
Thank you for looking!
Much Love
♥Sami♥

2 comments:

AMorris97 said...

Loved the post, Sam! <3 Praying for you, hun... <3

Mama to 12, so far said...

Mmmmmm! They were the best! You are the best cook!

Love Mom