Sunday, March 4, 2012

Late Night Reflections.....

Did you know that in Song of Solomon it says;

"I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem.....Do not stir up nor awaken love until it pleases"(NKJV)

Three times!!!
I think that it is cool how it says the same exact thing three times! 
God(and Solomon for that matter) must think it is important! 
Proverbs 4:23 says;

"Keep your heart with all diligence for out of it spring the issues of life"(KJV)

In the Webster's 1828 Dictionary says that Diligence is this;
 Steady application in business of any kind; constant effort to accomplish what is undertaken; exertion of body or mind without unnecessary delay or sloth;
Care; heed; heedfulness.
But is can also mean;
Working hard to do my best for the Lord
And how can you be doing our very best for the Lord if we are awakening love before Gods timing?
Well we really can't!
I am talking to myself just as much (if not more) as I am talking to you! I am guilty of awaking love (or what I thought was love) and it was not God's timing for it to be woken!
We all are human we all have to desire to be love by someone, not just our parents or siblings or other family members, and God knows that! That is why he created Eve for Adam. So Adam would not be alone. But when the only thing we ever think about is that need to be loved by someone else it can get in the way, trust me!!
Instead of doing the things we are suppose to be doing (i.e laundry, cleaning, fixing things around the house) we would be sitting around day-dreaming about the person we want to marry (even though it might not be the one God has for you, for we are never sure of that until we say "I do") when we should be doing everything we can for God, even if that is preparing to be a wife/husband and a mother/father.  
If you think that once you get to that point you will stop day-dreaming I do believe you are wrong, for there will always be something we want.
If we keep doing something over, and over again it will become a habit and it will not go away so easily! It will be harder then if you stopped now. 
So I do encourage you to try your hardest to stop yourself now and just try not to awaken love until you get that Green Light, Go from God!
Trust God in everything, He is better then love that has been awaken before His time(for it will only lead to heartbreaks). He will give you your true love when He thinks you are ready not when you think you are, because it is probably not the right time!
I hope this helped someone out, and that it isn't all mumble jumble as I think it sounds!!

Love to all
♥Sami♥

2 comments:

AMorris97 said...

Great post, Saaaaaaaam! Real touching!.. <3 ya
**

Brittany said...

Glad to see that you are understanding this.....makes me proud to be your big sister!!! I love you girl!
Love me, Bb